- Avila University
- College of St. Mary
- Creighton University
- Doane University
- Metropolitan Community College
- Midland University
- Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Northwest Missouri State University
- Oklahoma State University
- The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts
- University of Nebraska Lincoln
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- University of South Dakota
- University of Tennessee Knoxville
- Wayne State College
SCHOLARSHIP POLICY NEBRASKA THESPIANS (Updated November 2021):
(Application is submitted online through Open Water. This scholarship is awarded by the NE Thespians)
- At least two Non-renewable scholarships will be awarded to Nebraska thespians as directed by the state board of directors. A minimum of $1000 will be given out and an $300 additional will be added for the Carol Scott Scholarship for a Thespian majoring in theatre education. If no students apply for the theatre education scholarship then the award is not given out.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to the recipient(s) by the International Thespian Society located in Cincinnati, Ohio, upon documented proof of enrollment in a recognized school, college, or university Theatre program.
- Failure to complete enrollment or withdrawal from school negates this scholarship and the grant will not be awarded.
- All applicants must be Thespians.
- All applicants must have been students of a Nebraska High School for a least one academic year prior to applying.
- All winners must use the grant for furthering their education with a major or minor in the performing or communicative arts (Theatre, speech, film, radio or television broadcasting, vocal or instrumental music or dance) while studying at a recognized school of their choice.
- Complete the application form at open water website. Be sure to include a list of all theatrical participation for both in-school and community theatre experiences. Incomplete or incorrect application materials will be disqualified.
- Submit all materials by the registration deadline. No applications accepted after that time.
- The selection committee shall consist of Nebraska Thespian Sponsors, appointed by the State Director, who do not have applicants for the scholarship..
- All applicants shall be evaluated using the following scale: Theatre Involvement, Academic Achievement, Thespian Activities 15%,Talent 10%
COLLEGE AUDITIONS—College interviews given by colleges/universities from outside NE Thespians
This year many area colleges and universities will be auditioning students for scholarships at festival. Students wishing to audition must be in their senior year and planning to major or minor in theatre. Colleges ARE NOT allowed to offer stipends at festival, and students must still apply to the University or College. Students may, however, audition for the college representatives in lieu of auditioning at each individual school.
To apply for a college scholarship please follow the scholarship application process.
For your video upload to showcase your talents: Consider the following
- Prepare two 1 minute contrasting monologues of your choice. Or a song.
- No furniture may be used.
- Students may use a song and a monologue.
- No accompanist or piano will be provided.
- Please see the NIES rules governing accompaniment for musical events.
- 10 minute interview, plus design resume & portfolio.
- Please bring your own electronic equipment if applicable.
- Presentation (if available)
- Pre-registration is required.
Students must audition for the forum of colleges attending festival.
Students can meet with representatives during the college callback session.