(Interview ONLY given at Festival. This scholarship is awarded by the NE Thespians)
- Non-renewable scholarships will be awarded to Nebraska thespians as directed by the state board of directors, ($500 if from Nebraska State Thespian funds and is matched from the International Thespian Society). $300 additional will be added for the Carol Scott Scholarship for a Thespian majoring in theatre education.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to the recipient(s) by the International Thespian Society located in Cincinnati, Ohio, upon documented proof of enrollment in a recognized school, college, or university Theatre program.
- Failure to complete enrollment or withdrawal from school negates this scholarship and the grant will not be awarded.
- All applicants must be Thespians.
- All applicants must have been students of a Nebraska High School for a least one academic year prior to applying.
- All winners must use the grant for furthering their education with a major or minor in the performing or communicative arts (Theatre, speech, film, radio or television broadcasting, vocal or instrumental music or dance) while studying at a recognized school of their choice.
- Complete the application form at acceptd website. Be sure to include a list of all theatrical participation for both in-school and community theatre experiences. Incomplete or incorrect application materials will be disqualified.
- Attach 2 letters of support from teachers or theatre artists familiar with the applicant’s work. Upload to Acceptd
- Submit a photograph of the applicant. Upload to Acceptd
- Submit all materials by the registration deadline. Friday, November 30th. No applications accepted after that time.
- THIS YEAR ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH ACCEPTD. ACEEPTD CHARGES A $10.00 APPLICATION FEE, THIS IS A DISCOUNT WE HAVE RECEIVED WITH THE HELP OF THE EDTA.
- The selection committee shall consist of Nebraska Thespian Sponsors, appointed by the State Director, who do not have applicants for the scholarship. Each applicant shall participate in a personal interview by the committee.
- All applicants shall be evaluated using the following scale: Theatre Involvement 30%, Recommendations 25%, Academic Achievement 20%, Thespian Activities 15%, Interview 10%.
COLLEGE AUDITIONS—College interviews given by colleges/universities from outside NE Thespians
This year many area colleges and universities will be auditioning students for scholarships at festival. Students wishing to audition must be in their senior year and planning to major or minor in theatre. Colleges ARE NOT allowed to offer stipends at festival, and students must still apply to the University or College. Students may, however, audition for the college representatives in lieu of auditioning at each individual school.
To apply for a college scholarship at festival please prepare:
A ONE PAGE resume and two letters of recommendation SUBMITTED TO ACCEPTD.
- Prepare two 1 minute contrasting monologues of your choice.
- No furniture may be used.
- Students may use a song and a monologue.
- No accompanist or piano will be provided.
- Please see the NIES rules governing accompaniment for musical events.
- 10 minute interview, plus design resume & portfolio.
- Please bring your own electronic equipment if applicable.
- Presentation (if available)
- Pre-registration is required.
See registration form for pre-registration.
Students must audition for the forum of colleges attending festival.
Students can meet with representatives during the college callback session.